JAZZ TROMBONE BOOTCAMP 2021!
JUNE 2021 GUEST ARTISTS!
Andre Hayward! Steve Davis! Vincent Gardner! Michael Davis! And more TBD!
June 14th - 18th, 2021
Because of our global pandemic situation, this event will be held virtually, across a variety of technology platforms.
The event will include:
- Daily Warmup Sessions
- Daily MASTERCLASS (and we have AMAZING guests, I just can't announce them just yet...)
- "Lunch & Listen" Sessions to uncover listening to music, in new ways.
- Daily topic sessions that include things like:
- Trombone Fundamentals
- Music Theory
- Tune Learning
- Jazz Vocabulary Development
- Transcription Strategies
- Tune Trading Sessions
- Daily Q&A sessions with Nick
- Virtual Hangouts to chat with other attendees, TA's and Nick
- Three evening events, throughout the week (more details soon)!
There is limited availability - we can only accommodate 20 participants in Session 1 this summer! (We want to make sure everyone gets to play in a guest artist masterclass!)
This camp is intended for advanced high school, college, graduate, and postgraduate students, who are serious about jazz trombone and want to take advantage of this time to take their playing to the next level!
2021 Participant Levels:
Masterclass Performer: Guaranteed Slot to Perform for one of our guest artists.
Masterclass Participant: Be an active member of the Bootcamp, participate in all Masterclasses, but performing for a guest artist is not guaranteed.
Auditor: New for 2021 - if you just want to watch, and not participate in the sessions, you'll receive a private link to stream the Bootcamp, but will not be an active participant in the Zoom call.